Be Grateful overnight oats

Message for the day:



Often I forget this simple life message. If someone interrupts my day to day routine- from a friend that drops by unexpectedly to a phone call from my mom- I get annoyed and feel as if they are inconveniencing me in some major way.  I occasionally, and embarrassingly, mimic a steamroller, and squash other people's emotions because I am too obsessed and concerned with what it is that I am  doing at that particular time. When I remind myself that others, like myself, need to be loved, appreciated, and given the time of day, it reminds me to slow-my-roll and of the joy having friends and family brings to my life. 

As I am feeling grateful for my parents, friends, and family, I want to share a recipe that I adapted from Oh She Glows. This is one kick ass recipe. I never thought to make oats in this fashion. Preparing them the night before saves time in the morning, and also requires no cooking! Yay! Below is the recipe that I have adapted (I left out the salt, and changed from almond milk to hemp milk).

Be Grateful Overnight Oats

Ingredients:



about 1/3 cup oats (I used rolled)
1 cup hemp milk
about 1 tablespoon carob powder
a couple tablespoons walnuts (optional!)
1 ripe banana
2 tablespoons chia seeds
a little vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional!)


Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. This includes the oats, carob powder, chia seeds, and walnuts (if using). 

Now, add all the other ingredients! Don't forget to either chop up or mash the banana in. I chopped mine, but I have mashed it before. Here is a picture of it right before I mixed in the banana:




Put your tupperware in the fridge, and wait anywhere from one hour to overnight. And might I remind you... you can wake-up and eat these: no assembly required!  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment